Thursday 28 June 2012

Over The Taupe Stars

Yesterday I discovered that John Lewis sells OPI.  This is very bad news for my bank balance.  They cost £11, so it's much cheaper to buy them online, but I was excited so I bought two anyway.  I think it's the shape of the bottle that makes them so irresistible.

Anyhoo, one of the polishes I picked up was Over The Taupe.  Below is two coats, without any top coat.  Super shiny!


It's like painting melted chocolate on to your nails.  I resisted the urge to lick it off though, probably wouldn't have been pleasant...

Also when I was in town, I went to pick up some reinforcement stickers for half moon manis, but Wilkinsons didn't have any and I couldn't be bothered looking elsewhere, so I bought some star stickers instead.  I decided to use these in today's design.

I added a coat of Saffron 01 to my thumb and ring finger, and added one veeery thick coat of a 17 black polish (that has no name) over my star stickers.  All sealed off with a coat of Seche Vite.


Since everything's so shiny it's a little hard to see, so here's a picture with the flash:


I'm quite pleased with my thumb, but the lines on my ring finger aren't as clean as I'd have liked.  This was the third attempt on that finger though - I kept getting impatient and sticking my star sticker on before everything was dry and messing it up.  Got there in the end though...  I also think maybe it would have been nice if the colours on one of the accent nails was inverted, i.e. a black star on the brown+glitter background.

What do you think?  Have you used any unusual shapes/items as templates in your nail art?

3 comments:

  1. Good Idea! I may need to borrow it one day soon. OTT is browner then I thought... I may need to take another look at this gorg colour next time i'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color I need to pick it up, love the stars great job!

    ReplyDelete