Sunday 28 June 2015

London Calling

Happy Sunday everyone!  I'm having one of those weekends that feels like longer than two days, so I'm very happy :)  I was intending to post yesterday but I went to the park instead - got to make the most of British summer while it lasts (which could well only be a day or two).

And on the subject of British - today's nail art is London-themed.  I used the MoYou London Tourist Collection 01 plate, which I bought ages ago because it looked awesome but have only just got round to using.

london-stamping-nail-art-moyou

For stamping I used Konad stamping polishes in white, red and blue, along with Barry M Black and Silver Foil.  The polishes used for the base colours are Barry M Cotton, Nails Inc Southwark, Ciate Boudoir and Barry M Red Glitter.

london-stamping-nail-art-moyou

So this isn't a particularly coherent look, and I'm not really happy with how it turned out.  But I did use a few new techniques!  So for the little Queen's Guards I attempted two colour stamping.  The Union Flag stamp that I used on my thumb is all just one stamp, but I wanted to use both the red and blue.  So I made two decals - I stamped in each colour then removed the bits of the image I didn't want from the stamper with a toothpick, then made a decal by applying top coat over the image on the stamper and letting it dry.  I think this shrunk slightly though so it doesn't quite fit my nail, but we'll just pretend that's the look I was going for.

london-stamping-nail-art-moyou

I also didn't intend to stamp 'London' on my index finger, but my London Eye ended up so off centre I had to add something else to make it look intentional.  Think my stamping still needs a bit of work!

If you've used this plate, I'd love to see what you've come up with :)

5 comments:

  1. Very patriotic design. I like it. I have a similar plate and I never knew what to do with it. You gave me some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of assistance! And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Awwh I love this design, the guards are really cute! Perfect colours too! I don't have this plate but I recently did London inspired nails too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is amazing! I might try to copy it, but with stamps because no way can I freehand like that!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great post about the stylish nails for beauty spas.


    ReplyDelete