To create a little Father Christmas on your nails, you will need:
- Nude polish
- White polish
- Red polish
- A small nail art brush
- A black sharpie or nail art pen
Of course, if you don't have a black nail art pen you can just use some black polish and a small brush.
Here's the step-by-step picture tutorial:
1. Prepare your nail as usual, and apply your nude polish.
2. Using your white polish, paint across about a third of your nail at the base, and a third at the tip, making this fishtail shape.
3. Taking your red polish and nail art brush, fill in the base of your nail. Make sure you leave a white trim on his hat!
4. Paint a long red triangle from the hat down to Father Christmas' beard.
5. Using your Sharpie (or equivalent) outline all your shapes. Add in the bottom of his moustache, eyes, a smile and a bobble on the end of his hat!
6. Clean up and apply your favourite topcoat, and you're good to go (remember if you're using a Sharpie or nail art pen, allow this plenty of time to dry before topcoating - no streaking Santas!)
This would look great as an accent nail with a red and green manicure. Or how about adding some red glitter to make him sparkle or, if you're feeling adventurous, some white flocking powder for all his fluffy bits!