For this look, you will need:
- Black polish (Barry M Black)
- White polish (Barry M Matt White)
- Orange nail art pen
- Dotting tool
I'm using an orange nail art pen because I happen to have one, but you could of course use nail polish and a small nail art brush or dotting dool.
Here is the step-by-step picture tutorial:
1. Prepare your nail as usual, then apply your black base.
2. Using your white polish, making sure the brush is fully loaded, start about two-thirds of the way down your nail and draw a stripe to the tip. Let the brush fan out so that you end up with this nice curved shape.
3. Using the large end of your dotting dool, add two white dots for eyes. Let these dry, then use the small end to add two black dots to the centres.
4. Using your nail art pen, add a small triangle for the beak (make sure you do this on the white part of the penguin - it won't show up on the black!) and two dots for feet.
5. Add a coat of you favourite topcoat, and you're finished!
These little fellas are cute for any time of the year, but if you'd like to make them a little more festive, how about using a black glitter for your base? Or adding some red and green bow ties? You could even use different base colours to come up with some skittle penguins! I'd love to see what you come up with :)