Wednesday 17 October 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 19: Galaxies

So I'm just working on my own schedule now.  I hope we're all down with that...  My boyfriend's going away to work on Monday, so I'll get back on track then as I'll have nothing else to do in the evenings than paint my nails (especially since I still don't have TV or proper internet...sob).  So anyhoo, here are my galaxy nails for day 19 of the challenge.


This was my first attempt at galaxy nails, and I LOVE THEM.  I can't take my eyes off them, and I'm totally baffled as to why not every single person I've encountered since I did them has told me how fabulous they are.  There are some very strange people out there.

Sadly, I don't think the picture does them any justice.  But they are beautiful, trust me lol.

I used Barry M Black Multi Glitter for the background, then went to town on the sponging with Barry M Matt White and Mint Green, a Special FX pink, Jessica Ruffled Bottoms and China Glaze Man Hunt.  I topped it off with a coat of Saffron 07 and Seche Vite (at this point I had to rush to get ready to leave the flat, but I only damaged one nail going to the toilet and putting my shoes on...not too bad...).

Take a look at all the other participants in the challenge (I think they're past day 20 now...I don't really know anymore):


Diana at Nails By Diana
Meredith at Perfectly Polished
Nicole at The Color Republic
Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
Liz and Lisa at Lozlosa 
Mari at Nailista 
Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
Gini at Sassy Paints 

6 comments:

  1. You're not that far behind, we just did water marble, which is right after this one, so you're all good!! I know, why don't people stop and exclaim at our beautiful nails - do they not realize how beautiful they are!! Psh some people!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people have got their priorities all wrong!

      Delete
  2. LOL at Nicole's comment. Psh!

    That's one gawjuss galaxy, Sam!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm about to do the dishes, and I don't think they're going to survive it...this makes me very sad.

      Delete
  3. Great mani I love galaxy nails and defiantly people need too look at nails a little closer! I always do!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when I'm watching TV I mostly just notice people's nails lol. Thanks :)

      Delete