Sunday 8 July 2012

Summer Challenge 1: Sunflowers

As I mentioned the other day, I'm taking part in a summer nail art challenge hosted by lady_flower123 over at The Polishaholic.  This is my first ever nail challenge, all very exciting.

So the first theme is sunflowers.  This design came out more or less as I'd pictured it in my head, other than the fact that in my head I have a lot more artistic talent than I actually do.  Anyhoo, here's what I did:


I used Collection 2000 French White and Ninja for the background.  The yellow is H&M Rising Sun that my lovely mum bought for me yesterday, the gold/brown is a nail art pen, and then I used a black sharpie for the detail.

I'm pretty happy with how these turned out :)  They possibly look more like buttercups than sunflowers, but they're all flowers...

Check out what the rest of the participants have produced over at lady_flower123's blog.


6 comments:

  1. Jennifer moran8 July 2012 at 19:00

    Sam you are very talented x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen :) You should see my right hand though, the flowers are far more..er...I'm calling them abstract.

      Delete
  2. Lovely design.
    I am participating in this challenge too...and just started following you. Good luck for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love it! Wow, it can pass for sally hansen's sticky things (sorry forgot the name). Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I might try a similar design with tulips or something like that as well.

      Delete
  4. Love the ring finger the best! very cute!

    ReplyDelete