Saturday 10 August 2013

Black & White Challenge #5: Faux Fur

The fifth challenge prompt in the Black & White Nail Art Challenge is Faux Fur!  How perfect!  Here's something I'm never going to struggle with inspiration.  I LOVE animal print nails, and possibly I'm deluding myself, but I actually think they mostly look quite classy.

Today I went with good old reliable leopard print.  I did try to push the boat out a little with my base though, and I attempted the dreaded gradient!

Black-White-Nail-Art-Challenge-5-Faux-Fur-animal-leopard-print-gradient-barry-m

You may notice I've had a slight length reduction since this morning... I quite like nubbins but it takes a bit of getting used to - they make my fingers look so big at first lol.

Anyhoo, I used (do I even need to say it?) Barry M Matt White and Black, with the Barry M Nail Art Pen in Black.  I'm really pleased with how my gradient turned out for once!  It could've done with being a bit further up my nail I think, but heck, it's the best attempt I've had yet!


Pop back tomorrow to see whose manicure I choose to recreate for the last day of the challenge!



4 comments:

  1. This looks great! Black & white gradient is really hard, but yours is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've been having a play with more gradients since, which I shall post soon!

      Delete