Sunday 11 August 2013

Black & White Challenge #6: Recreate a design

It's the final post for the Black & White Nail Art Challenge!  A big thank you to Yohana from Beauty-Shoes-Nails-Fun for hosting this challenge - do be sure to pop over and check her blog out :)


for the last day of the challenge, we had to recreate someone else's manicure.  AND we got to add a colour - woohoo!  I chose to recreate Nicole from Glitter Me This' faux fur manicure, adding a hot pink twist.  Here's what I ended up with!

Black-White-Nail-Art-Challenge-6-Recreate-favourite-manicure-animal-zebra-print

I used Barry M Matt White for my base and then a black 2-way nail art pen for the zebra stripes.  If you want to have a go at zebra print but don't know where to start, don't forget I have a tutorial!

Black-White-Nail-Art-Challenge-6-Recreate-favourite-manicure-animal-zebra-print

Then I added the pink stripe and highlights on some of the stripes with a striper brush (that sentence had far too many stripes...) and Orly Miss Conduct.

So, I'm done!  And only two days late, that's probably some sort of record for me...

Next week, I'll be starting a 'Then and Now' series of posts.  I'd like you, my lovely readers, to choose which of my 'then' manicures I should recreate, so please pop over and vote here (just 'like' a picture to cast a vote!).  Thank you, lovelies!






2 comments: