Thursday 22 August 2013

Starry Starry Nails

Hello lovelies :)

Sorry I've been a little quiet recently!  I've had these photos on my laptop ready to go for days, but motivation to write a post has been at zero.  And last night I fell asleep whilst watching Coronation Street and so went to bed at 8pm.  And I'm still tired, how does that even happen??

Tomorrow I shall be venturing into theatre for the first time to watch a sentinel node surgery.  Fingers crossed I won't faint!  Then on Saturday, HOPEFULLY, my lovely fiance should finally be home!  Fingers super super crossed!

So anyway, what am I showing you today?  Some more fab products from Born Pretty Store :)  For anyone who hasn't come across Born Pretty Store before, they sell a whole array of nail art supplies and polishes (and other cosmetics if you're so inclined) at super cheap prices.  Today I'm showing you some glittery star stickers!


This is only half the pack (it's folded over).  It is seriously huge.  We're talking about 700 stickers, in a range of sizes.  So you won't have to rebuy anytime soon!

First of all I went for an all-over starry look.


I used Barry M Grey for my base and then randomly stuck some stickers everywhere, cutting some of them in half because I think they look nice when they go off the edges :)  I will reiterate that these are stickers...not that that isn't clearly stated on the pack...but...er...  I cut out my first star, dunked it into my glass of water, and waited 10 seconds.  Tried to slide it off and it wouldn't budge.  OK, must need a little bit longer.  Stuck it back in for another 20 seconds.  Still wouldn't budge.  Hmm...this is going to take a while!  Stuck it in for another 30 seconds.  STILL wouldn't budge!  As I was trying to force the thing to slide off, I bent the paper and it popped off...  Oops, not a water decal.  Most definitely a sticker.  And very easy to peel off the paper.

The stickers sat quite happily on my nails, no sticking up or curling or the like, and I don't thin top coat dulled the glitter at all.


For my second manicure I decided to use the stickers like I like to use studs, over Barry M Matt White and Orly Miss Conduct.  I used different size stars on all my nails :)  I hadn't quite given my white polish long enough to dry here, so I couldn't press my stickers down properly, which is why the corners look slightly raised here.  Top tip: don't be impatient.

Verdict?  I think they're fab.  And they're also available in other colours if you're not a fan of pink.  You can see them here.  One sheet costs only 99 cents (65p) with free shipping to wherever you are in the world.  Don't forget, if you decide to buy these or anything else on the website, you can use the code LKL91 for 10% off.



What do you all have planned for the bank holiday (if you're in the UK!) weekend?


6 comments:

  1. These are really cute! And that's a great price considering how many stickers you get. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good price isn't it? And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Whoa, that's a great price, definitely looking into these :) I love the stars with the Orly Miss Conduct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check them out :) With the discount code they're only 89 cents! Right bargain.

      Delete
  3. Love the pink glitter and white. super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade. Funny people seem to prefer that one, I actually prefer the grey!

      Delete