Tuesday 7 August 2012

Polish Days: Olympics

Today I'm taking part in Polish Days for the first time.  This month, the theme is Olympics!


Obviously I'm loving all things Olympics at the moment, so what a perfect theme :)  

I'm sure you've all noticed that we British have a pretty epic cycling team.  The track cycling is one of my favourite events to watch in the games as well - I like to think because it's fast-paced and exciting, but it's probably more to do with the fact I like watching us win lots of medals.  So anyhoo, for these reasons, I decided to have a go at some velodrome nails.


There's Team GB out for a little cycle.  Probably winning a gold medal.  For the track I used China Glaze Kalahari Kiss.  The light blue is Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and the darker one is 17 Seabreeze.  If you want to know what any of the other colours are just ask in the comments :)

Have a look at all the other amazing ladies nails:

7 comments:

  1. Pretty cool, did you use acrylic or all polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a sharpie to draw on the track lines, and the rest is all polish. I haven't tried using acrylics :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I really love your mani!!
    So impressive <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to race on those tracks!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I was watching this on tv the other day and I was so lost - the commentators should have explained the sport so I could know what the heck was going on!! They start at the same place, but one goes slow and then the person in front keeps their head turned to watch the person in the back, why wouldn't you just go for it at the beginning or do you have to wait for a certain mark - so weird. And that was some long comment. Regardless of my ineptitude for the sport, I love your take on the Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm not particularly sure of the rules either, I just like watching them sprint. I don't think they have to wait until a certain time to speed up, just they wouldn't be able to keep the pace up for the whole race. The first bit is all tactical, trying to psych each other out and get in a good position ready for when they sprint (I think!).

      Delete