To create this look, you will need:
- Your base colour of choice (Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream)
- Two shades of green (Barry M Spring Green and Barry M Mint Green)
- Two shades of your rose colour (Barry M Bright Pink and Max Factor Disco Pink)
- White polish (Barry M Matt White)
- A small nail art brush
The colours in brackets are the shades I've used, but play around with different base and rose colours :)
Here's the step-by-step picture tutorial.
- Start by prepping your nail as usual (I buff and apply a base coat) and apply your base colour.
- Using the brush that comes with the polish, apply about 3 blobs of the lighter rose polish onto each nail. Do more or less blobs depending on the size of your nails.
- Using your nail art brush and the lighter green polish, dab two bits of polish next to each rose to create the leaves.
- Using your nail art brush and the darker rose shade, paint two C shapes on to each rose. You want one large C on the edge of each rose, then a smaller c facing the other way closer to the centre of the rose.
- Using your nail art brush and the darker green polish, add a line to one side of each leaf.
- Still using your nail art brush, use the white polish to add highlights to your roses. Do this is the same way as you applied the darker shade, but on the opposite side.
- Add white highlights to your leaves, again on the opposite side from the darker green.
Finally, apply your top coat and you're good to go :)
If you decide to give this look a go, I'd love to see your pictures. You can post them on my Facebook page here.
Also, if you have any tips for how to improve my tutorials or any ideas for tutorials you'd like to see, please post your suggestions in the comment area.