Tuesday 15 January 2013

Animal Print Water Decals

Look at me posting two days in a row - I'm like a new woman!

Anyway, today I have another Born Pretty Store product to show you, and frankly, it's pretty awesome.  It's a sheet of 11 water decals.


To give you an idea of the size, here's a picture of one of the rectangles next to my naked (argh)  nail.  I genuinely struggled as to what to use for size comparison lol...I was going to use a penny but figured that wouldn't have been much use to all my international readers!  And I couldn't be bothered to dig out my ruler...


But anyway, as you can see, there's plenty to do a full manicure of one design, even if you've got really long nails.

These are simple to use - just cut out a piece about the size of your nail, soak it in water for 15 seconds, then slide it off and place it on your nail.  Don't worry about cutting it the the exact shape of your nail; I just used a rectangle slightly larger than my nail and used acetone to tidy it up, just like you would with nail polish.

These are great for creating an accent nail if you're in a hurry, so that's what I went for first!

born-pretty-store-nail-water-decals-zebra-animal-print

This is with OPI Flick Chick Cherry.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the designs with white parts are actually clear!  How good is that?  Gives you so many more options of how to wear them.  And meant I could do this...

born-pretty-store-nail-water-decals-leopard-animal-print

Here I've used a decal on top of OPI Who The Shrek Are You? and Essie Very Structured.

born-pretty-store-nail-water-decals-snake-animal-print-gold-studs

I didn't even realise I'd chosen three animal print designs - whoops!  For this I used Essie Case Study, with a few gold studs that I got for Christmas, for the accent nails.

I honestly can't criticise these.  They're so easy to use, and the patterns are fun :)  And if you're using them on only a few nails, like I have, then you'll get loads of manicures out of this sheet.  A word to the wise...remember to take the plastic sheet off the top before you slide the decal off the backing paper (I am an idiot...).

You can take a look at this product here.  It costs $4.73 (about £2.50) and shipping is free worldwide.

Don't forget, if you do decide to buy these or any other products, you can get 10% off with the code LKL91.



Have you ever tried water decals?  Would you use something like this for manicures-in-a-hurry?

5 comments:

  1. Very good price for what you get, and your nails look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I've never even heard of water decals before!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really great! I never realised you could get full nail water decals before, I'm not really a fan of animal print though so I hope they make some with other designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a look, and they also have these :)

      http://www.bornprettystore.com/11pcs-pretty-nail-water-stickers-nail-decals-manicure-flower-p-892.html

      Delete
  4. Those look great! I'll have to order myself some.

    ReplyDelete