Tuesday 29 January 2013

Star Studded Nails

Hello lovelies :)

I hope you've all had a good day!  Mine started with me sleeping through my alarm and the water turning brown while I was getting a shower.  Perfect!  And then I saw a dead kitten on my way to work.  Morning's are rubbish.

But anyway, it's no longer morning, it's now evening, and even better it's tea time, so now I'm happy and full of positive thoughts!  Well...

Anyhoo, rather excitingly I've got a product from another store to review for you :)  Next stop, world domination!  But yes, KKCenterHK sells all sorts of nail and beauty products.  They recently got in some new studs, which they asked me to review.

There's all sorts of shapes, sizes and colours - great if you don't have any studs yet and are looking for some basic gold round ones, or if you want to try something a little more unusual.  I decided to try these silver star studs, because they're adorable :)


There's about 50 studs in the pack, and they measure 3mm across.

For my first look, I thought they'd be really cute over some little star stickers.


Here I used Barry M Indigo, then I just stuck on the stickers, added a layer of topcoat and stuck the stars on while it was still wet.  I didn't put any topcoat over the stars.

I have quite curvy nails, but these are small enough that I didn't have any issues with them sticking up off my nail, apart from on my little nail a teeny bit, which did like to catch in my hair.  I have noticed since I started blogging though that my little finger nails do seem to be bizarrely small compared to other people's...  Anyway, I tried to photograph this for you so you can get an idea of how flat they lie.

A few days later I decided I'd like to try using the studs on accent nails instead, so I came up with this look.


I used Star Gazer 232, then on my accent nails I applied some Barry M Black with cling film.  Love this effect!  This time I did put top coat over the studs (on my middle finger at least...it looks like I might have missed my index finger??), and as you can see, that doesn't ruin the look of them at all.

It's also worth mentioning that these are the same studs I used in the first manicure (+1 obviously), so you can totally reuse them.  More starry manicures - yay!

These studs retail for $4.23 (about £2.10).  If stars aren't your thing, take a look and see if there's another shape you fancy :)  They also do matte studs, and bigger ones!


4 comments:

  1. Awww...they both look so pretty. I super love them both for I like the colors used and the design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari :) I was pleasantly surprised with how they both turned out!

      Delete