Saturday 19 January 2013

Layla Bubbly Effect

After lusting after OPI Spotted for however long it's been since it was released, but refusing to pay that sort of money for a polish I wasn't even sure I'd actually like, the other day I bought a Layla Bubbly Effect from Sally Magpies.  By the way, if you've never visited Sally Magpies before, go have a look now!  She imports loads of foreign brands that you can't get in the UK, so that we don't have to pay silly postage costs getting them.

Anyhoo, I bought Layla Bubbly Effect in Black Forest, but it is also available in a few other colours.  I decided to use it over a multicoloured blobby base (technical term there).

Layla-Bubbly-Effect-Black-Forest-over-multi-coloured-base

So this needs to be applies super thin.  I did my ring finger first, and thought I'd wiped all the excess polish off, but like the brush needs to be almost dry.

The colours underneath are Max Factor Bright Orange and Cactus Green, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and Bright Purple, and Rimmel Sunshine.

I love this look though.  I think it'll look great just over one bright colour as well :)

And here's a close up of the most succesful nail.


This is what the underneath looked like by the way.  I was going to sponge, but then decided that since it was being covered up I could just brush it on.


Did you manage to get your hands on OPI Spotted?  Or do you know of any other dupes?  I've also seen a load of people doing a DIY Spotted effect using water, which looks pretty awesome.



10 comments:

  1. I must have this. Must. It will be mine!! I had no idea Layla had even released this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked earlier, Sally still had some in stock :)

      Delete
  2. Need! Thank god I didn't spend a fortune getting black spotted now all these are coming out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! It would've been slightly devastating!

      Delete
  3. This is fab!!! May have to get me some!.. Though I quite like the DIY techniques too lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the DIT technique until after I bought this! Looks like it has fab results though (but I'm a bit scared of it after my failed attempts at water marbling lol).

      Delete
  4. I did get the Black Spotted but was a bit underwhelmed after all the hype ;)

    This looks better than the black spotted I think and I love how you've done the colours underneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm not sure I'd wear it again, but I desperately wanted to try it lol. Now that I have I'll probably just donate it to my sister...

      Delete