Saturday 26 January 2013

Pretty Pretty Glitter

Today, I want to show you another polish I bought from Sally Magpies :)  I've made another order, and I love all the polishes so much!  It's nice to be able to get some more unusual polishes.  This polish is from the first order I placed though, and it's Hits Specialita Moonbow Glitter.

Before I show you any pictures, I do need to say that I couldn't quite capture the beauty of this polish.  I'm looking at it now in the bottle and it's so much prettier than these photos!


Bottle shot first!  This is definitely going to be one of those polishes that I just get out every so often to admire in the bottle (other people do that, right??).

hits-specialita-moonbow-glitter-swatch

In these swatches, I used two coats of Moonbow over Barry M Black.

The main colour you get in this gorgeous multichrome glitter is a turquoise-y colour, leaning a little more green.

hits-specialita-moonbow-glitter-swatch

 That shifts into blue to purple, right through to a beautiful burnt orange and gold.

hits-specialita-moonbow-glitter-swatch

Yum yum yum.

The orange is visible on the edges of all the nails in real life, but I was really struggling to capture it on camera!  However, whilst I was watching TV later that evening, I snuck up on them...

hits-specialita-moonbow-glitter-swatch

Yay, I actually managed to get all the colours in one photo!

And then, because I had a brief fling with matte top coat last week, I mattified.

hits-specialita-moonbow-glitter-swatch

Pretty darn pretty...  I seriously struggled taking this off.  I'd planned to get through a few manicures last weekend, but after this went on...didn't really happen.

Have you tried any of the Hits polishes?  I hope you all have a lovely Saturday, whatever you're up to!


8 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful. I've got it myself, but haven't gotten around to try it on yet. And yes - I also sometimes sit myself down and look at all the pretty polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad to hear I'm not alone! I've got so many polishes I still haven't tried, but I couldn't resist trying this one immediately!

      Delete
  2. Amazing nail polish!

    I love the fifth photo! :)

    I also have a blog:

    http://todoslosesmaltessonpocos.blogspot.com.es

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo really shows off all the lovely colours, doesn't it? :)

      Great blog, all those Golden Rose polishes look amazing!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It does look good matte doesn't it... For me, you can't get better than a smooth and shiny finish, but I think it maybe shows the colours off better in matte?

      Delete
  4. I have several and I LOVE them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to resist the others, there's only so many multichrome glitters you need.. (this is what I'm trying to convince myself lol).

      Delete