Friday 18 January 2013

Ferrero Rocher

I love these nails.  I don't even care if I'm blowing my own trumpet - they are epic.

My boyfriend bought me one of the cone-shaped Ferrero Rocher things for Christmas.  I don't know how many were in it, and I'm glad, because if I did know I probably wouldn't be feeling too good about myself right now lol.  Anyhoo, as I was stuffing another chocolate in my mouth yesterday, I was struck by an idea - a Ferrero Rocher manicure!

ferrero-rocher-chocolate-nail-art

I used OPI Over The Taupe for all the brown bits, and Barry M Gold Foil for the lines.  I should've used tape for my lines really, but it's such a faff...


I used some of the gold foil I received from Born Pretty Store for the ring finger accent, with a coat of matte top coat over it.  I wonder if anyone can tell what I used for my thumb...?

And here's a closer look at the accent nails!



15 comments:

  1. Pencil shavings on the thumb!?

    I love your ring finger :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed lol, although I have to admit that wasn't my idea! I couldn't think of anything other than chopped nuts that would look like chopped nuts. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Haha, these are so fantastic!! Awesome idea, Sam, and I love how you did them. And wow, Over the Taupe makes a great milk-chocolate! (^_^)

    Hungry now... ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I used Over The Taupe my first thought was that it looked like melted chocolate. Yum yum. Thanks Elizabeth :)

      Delete
  3. I had Ferrero Rocher for Christmas too (there aren't any left...), but I didn't think of putting them onto my nails :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only got 2 left now, quite a few were eating in the name of research for these nails...

      Delete
  4. Amazing.
    Not only am I jealous of your nails, but of your chocolate..I didn't get any this year =[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! The only problem is that a new healthier me is never gonna happen... You always think 'the new year! That's when I'll stop eating and drinking so much!' but then you get chocolate and alcohol for Christmas lol. Oh well, I'm happy!

      Delete
  5. This is a great manicure! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha this is hilarious and brilliant at the same time. very cute mani. did it last very long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to take it off the same night because of work. The 'nuts' were catching on things though, but with a topcoat it probably would've lasted fine :)

      Delete
  7. Hi! I like your nail polish art that match my favorite chocolate. I hope you dont mind if i used it as my cover photo in my FB account. I really liked your idea. i actually found it in Google coz im looking for a cover photo that has something to do with my interest, and i remembered Ferrero Rocher as my fave. Thank you so much.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks questionable but unexpected good.

    ReplyDelete